Tools and Guides
SELF-ASSESSMENT CHECKLIST: MEANINGFUL INVOLVEMENT OF WOMEN AND GIRLS LIVING WITH HIV (MIWA) - This self-assessment checklist, developed by ICW for the NGO Code of Good Practice, will help you assess the degree to which your organisation is successfully implementing these principles. The questions are designed to be thinking points/guidelines to help you identify areas that are already at a ‘good practice’ level, and areas that need to be developed and strengthened.
UPDATED - POSITIVE WOMEN MONITORING CHANGE TOOL (2008)
This tool developed by HIV positive women from Swaziland and Lesotho, has been updated with resources to help users better use the tool. The tool was developed to help us monitor government commitments to HIV positive women's rights. The package now includes information about how the tool has been used by ICW and our partners, a training curriculum on how to use it, and some supporting resources on sexual and reproductive health, access to care, treatment and support and violence against women.
- Positive Women Monitoring Change Tool (2008) - PDF
- Positive Women Monitoring Change Tool (2008) - Word
- more information about this project
ICW Poster: Participation Tree
ICW Poster This is a large download - 1.2Mb JPG file.
This participation tree helps access where organisations are in relation to the involvement of HIV positive women and their organisations. Accompanying text for poster
Women and Girls Living with HIV/AIDS: Overview and Annotated Bibliography (2007)
Esplen, E. and ICW, February 2007, Sussex: BRIDGE
Available in English, Spanish and French
OTHER TOOLS AND GUIDES
- MIWA report card - For over a decade ICW has been a co-organiser of the International AIDS Conferences (IAC). Our aim in this situation is to increase the meaningful involvement of HIV positive women in both content and form of the conference. This report card was developed to build up a proper dossier of experience and thoughts about the meaningful involvement of HIV positive women in events like AIDS2008.
- Guide for Community Assessments on Women's Health Care (2008), published by ICRW and co-written by ICW. This guide is one of several publications developed by the Parliamentarians for Women's Health project. It is based on the project's experience of organizing community assessments on women's health in Kenya and Namibia. HIV-positive women played a central role in organizing the community assessments, along with project staff, parliamentarians and civil society organizations.
- Advocacy tools - SRHR and ACTS - Swaziland and South Africa
- Sexual and Reproductive Health for HIV-Positive Women and Adolescent Girls Manual for Trainers and Programme Managers, Engenderhealth and ICW, 2006 - Available in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Working Positively: A guide for NGOs Managing HIV/AIDS in the workplace
- The Directory of Associations of People Living with HIV/AIDS, Synergy Project, GNP+, ICW, 2004 (a large download - 2.4Mb)
Print copies may be ordered via the USAID publications page.
- Fulfilling reproductive rights for women affected by HIV: A tool for monitoring achievement of Millennium Development Goals, Ipas, ICW, CHANGE and the Pacific Institute for Women's Health (2004)
- Guidelines on ethical participatory research with HIV positive women (2004) , Word , PDF